Thursday, September 17, 2009

Will You Be Lost After LOST is over?

Oh LOST......how will I survive without you? I'm not the biggest TV fan, but when I do find something to watch, I'm an addict. Before LOST I was a Sex and The City freak, and before that I guess it was Seinfeld. Okay, if I go back any further we'll be in the 80's. Truth be told, I still think of The Cosby Show and Family Ties as Thursday night lineup. I feel so left out most of the time when the topic turns to TV. There's a 9o% chance I have no clue what you're even talking about, except when it comes to LOST or anything "educational" (you know, NatGeo and Discovery stuff).

I figure I like LOST for several reasons. It has action, drama, and romance (just don't mention the term sci-fi, and I'm good). The perfect recipe to tune in each week and tune out on real life. But, it's also thought provoking and I like that it gets me thinking! I'll find myself "slipping away" mentally and thinking about the show, trying to figure it all out, etc. I'm not saying I'm going to build a rocket because of LOST. But, I can find more way more value in it than watching, say, Desperate Housewives. That's one show I don't get, again another lifestyle I don't promote so I can't imagine wasting my time watching it. At least it's fiction I guess. Anyway, I'll leave that topic for another day.

So, other LOST nerds like me might know that they have picked up filming again in Hawaii. Yippee! With filming comes rumors and scoop! I keep up with the news via Dark UFO. I've never been a forum fan and this is a blog style site.

Are you a LOST fan? What do you think of this whole reset thing? After the videos that were released at Comic-Con 2009 (something I'd never thought I'd even be aware of) like Kate's America's Most Wanted Video and the rumors of them filming 815 landing/LAX scenes, seems it's TV "fact". I'm glad I've had time to start processing it all, and am now beginning to have questions (in a good way). I've heard some people complain that this would make the last 5 seasons a waste, but I think the exact opposite is true. What are your biggest questions now, that we're leading up to the final season? Do you seek out spoilers? Who is your favorite character, why? Do you watch LOST clips, videos, etc on ABC.com during the hiatus?

Even though I couldn't be more excited to see how the ending plays out in LOST, I will be sad when it's all over. But, the end is months away! For now, let's focus on the "now" in LOSTland, whatever and whenever that might be.

Thanks to DarkUFO for the photo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband got me SUPER addicted to LOST!! So happy to hear they are filming again I can't wait!!!

Thanks for stopping by my "home" (Happily Blended)

Angie said...

Can't wait to hear about your first day of work!! Be sure to visit my other site too, "wyliemom.com". :)

Keith Wilcox said...

You have a very weird connection to that show! Have i ever told you that I've never seen a single episode? :-) I've heard it's just impossibly confusing.

Angie said...

Keith, it's more like an unhealthy obsession!! It's probably one of 3 pilots that I've ever even watched....and I've seen every episode since (numerous times). It's VERY confusing and almost soap opera like in a sci-fi sorta way. LOVE IT!!